Who can file for a child under age 18 years of age under the Marchman Act?

When dealing with somebody who’s under the age of 18 years of age, the Marchman Act statute provides that a parent or a legal guardian or a licensed practitioner can petition the court and ask the court to intervene and order that the minor be assessed, be stabilized and ultimately be treated under the Marchman Act to address their substance abuse issue.