What you can do when someone is in crisis due to substance abuse or mental health issues

By Mark Astor 1 year agoNo Comments

When someone you love is in crisis due to substance abuse or mental health issues you may be at your wits end and don’t know who or where to turn to for answers.

At Drug and Alcohol Attorneys we are dedicated to giving families and individuals dealing with these diseases options and plans of action to get things moving in the right direction.

While many of their clients come to them for help filing a Marchman Act, which enables you to ask the courts to make someone go into treatment, you may also have the option to file a guardianship petition so you can start making medical decisions for your loved one while they heal and recover.

“If the court finds that your loved one is in imminent danger for his or her physical or mental health or safety, then we can file an Emergency Guardianship Petition and an emergency temporary guardian may be appointed. As the ETG, you can make medical decisions for the respondent.” says attorney, Mark Astor.

Additionally, going into and staying in recovery, takes time, energy and resources. As such, your loved one may be entitled to financial assistance from the government in the form of Social Security Disability and/or Medicaid. You won’t know if you’re eligible for this help if you don’t make time to come and chat with them.

At Drug and Alcohol Attorneys, there is a light at the end of the tunnel and they will show you the way to get there.

  alcohol, drugs, marchman, mental health, treatment
this post was shared 0 times

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.