What if I cannot afford the cost of treatment?

Well first of all, under the Marchman Act Statute, there is no fee to file a Marchman Act petition. However, if the respondent cannot afford treatment, or typically, if the person is indigent, and the court makes a determination, then they’re going to be court-ordered to a county facility, where there will not be a cost or a fee associated with treatment. The idea being that we want to treat people even if and despite the fact they may have financial issues.