Mark Astor and the team at Drug & Alcohol Attorneys remain committed to the people of Florida and their families, during this very difficult time. Please know that we are open and will remain so 7 days a week to those in our communities who need our help.

How can I get emergency access to the medical records of a loved one?

There are three ways to get access to the medical records. Number one is I consent. I give you permission to look at my medical records. Number two is some type of directive. In other words, healthcare directive where I put in writing that in the event that I cannot grant you consent, perhaps I’m unconscious, I’ve been in a car accident, something of that nature, I give you written consent to have access to my medical records. Number three is a guardianship either some type of emergency temporary guardianship or some type of permanent guardianship so one of three ways you can have access to somebody’s medical records.