Alcohol Violations Attorney Boca Raton | All You Need to Know About Florida Alcohol Laws
With over millions of travelers flooding the coasts, the Keys, and Cinderella’s castle, it’s not a big secret that Florida is one of the perfect vacation destinations in the country. However, countless visitors assume that the alcohol laws in the Sunshine State are the same as those where they live. Before you and your best pals get too excited to explore the night scene, know about the Florida alcohol laws so that you won’t have to deal with serious legal problems that would take an alcohol violations attorney Boca Raton to help you out
Common Florida Alcohol Laws
- Drinking isn’t allowed on public property including parking lots, streets, sidewalks, and beaches anywhere in the state.
- It’s illegal for anyone below 21 years of age to purchase alcohol. A first offense is considered a crime. The offender will be required to serve jail time for a period of 60 days and pay a fine of $500. A second offense may result in imprisonment for up to 1 year as well as a $1,000 fine.
- A minor who uses a fake ID to purchase, or even attempt to purchase, alcohol is a crime and is punishable with imprisonment for up to 5 years and a $5,000 fine.
- Lending your ID to a someone or using someone else’s ID is punishable with 60-days jail time and a $500 fine. The state may even suspend both people’s licenses for a year.
- Driving with a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) of .08 or higher is illegal. For those under 21 years old, including adults, it’s .02 or higher. A BAC of .02 up to .05 will result in license suspension for 6 months.
- Open alcohol containers are prohibited in motor vehicles. A fine of $73 to $90 will be required from the driver. The passengers will receive a fine of $43 to $60.
- The licenses of drivers who refuse to submit a BAC test will be immediately suspended for a year. A second refusal will be punishable by automatic suspension for 18 months.
Do You Need an Alcohol Violations Attorney Boca Raton?
If you or someone you know broke the Florida alcohol law, you’ll need an Alcohol Violations Attorney Boca Raton for legal advice. Schedule a consultation with Drug and Alcohol Attorneys today. We have the answers you need